Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thought of The Day

Hello Everyone!
I would like to start by apologizing for neglecting this blog recently. It has been a bit of a weird transition coming back home to Minneapolis after my stint in Norway. 
That being said, I'm BACK and ready to blog my little heart out! 

Ok, so this is kind of how I am feeling today...

Let me explain! 
I had the most bizarre interaction with this elderly woman yesterday that ended with me running out of a mall in tears. 
So dramatic, I know.  
Basically, after asking me a few questions about myself she proceeded to judge the sh*t out of me for the unusual lifestyle I have chosen. 
(What? Randomly up and moving to Norway isn't the norm? My bad!) 
 Personally, I think it is totally insane for a complete stranger to go and form any kind of opinion of someone they have known for less than 5 minutes. 
Like saying I am never going to have any type of career? I'm sorry...do I know you? 
Whatevs. 

So here is my thought of the day...
Don't be so quick to judge people before you know their story. Just because the life they live or the choices they make are not the same as yours does not make them any better OR worse than yours. 
Keep your mind and heart open always

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment